[SOS-PCA] PLEASE READ: SOS Seed Tracking Forms, Shipping Seeds, and Submitting/Synching Data

Hill, Sarah E sehill at blm.gov
Wed Sep 18 16:36:45 CDT 2024

Hello everyone,

A few  quick reminders as we enter the fall. Reach out to Sarah Hill if you have any questions about these, and thank you all for your hard work this season!

  *
Submit your forms and sync your data ASAP when you have service. You can still update and edit forms on your mobile devices and resubmit forms if you are not done with a collection. The only way to have data be backed up and protected is to submit your forms. If they only stay on your device, the data can be lost. We also use the submitted data to help forecast and organize seed cleaning needs, and to get a jump on data QC. If you have collected on paper, but are supposed to using digital data tools, please DO NOT WAIT to transfer that data onto a digital form.

  *
 YOU MUST fill out a seed tracking form (either on your mobile device or through the data management site) when you ship seeds to a cleaning facility. This is how we are tracking our capacity at each cleaning facility, and how we will know when we need to have people change what location they are shipping to. Aren't sure if you have submitted all the seed tracking forms you need to? The first tab of the Data Management site will tell you which collections have corresponding seed tracking forms.

  *
YOU MUST send a completed data sheet for each collection that is sent in for cleaning.

  *
The bags and boxes must be labeled with the collection number, species, and bag 1 of 3, 2 of 3, 3 of 3, etc. so that the cleaning facilities know what bags/boxes go together under the right collection number.

Also, for anyone who missed Kristy's email about a bug with Geoplatform login information, here it is again:

There is currently an issue, stemming from GeoPlatform being down last week, that is creating a duplicate GeoPlatform accounts. There is generally an extra number added to the end of your username (found in the upper right hand corner when you log in) and it is only happening for some folks. This means that you may not be able to log in or see your groups or any of the associated forms and maps in those groups. If you are having trouble, please send Kristy your new username so she can pass this along to GeoPlatform for role modification. The folks at GeoPaltform will be the ones who will re-add you to the groups and give you the correct permissions, Kristy does not the ability to elevate roles. After sending your new username to Kristy you will need to periodically try to log in and see if the issue has resolved. Let Kristy know if you have any questions and thank you for your patience.

If you need to collect today,

  *
Please use paper scouting and collection forms.

      Collection form: https://www.blm.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2024-04/SOS-Data-Form-2024.pdf
      Scouting form: https://www.blm.gov/sites/default/files/docs/2024-04/SOS-Backup-Scouting-Rescouting-Form-2024.pdf

If you need to print reports for shipping seed

  *
Please send Kristy the Seed Collection Reference Number's of the reports you need created. She will create these reports and email them to you.

For the seeds,

Sarah

Sarah Hill

she/her

Seeds of Success National Curator
Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>

Why I list my pronouns<https://pronouns.org/what-and-why>

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the unceded ancestral, traditional and contemporary lands of the Nuwe/Nume (Paiute, Shoshone, Bannock) people, as well as other indigenous tribes who traveled through the area known as Idaho who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.