[SOS-PCA] URGENT! Seed Shipping Freeze, and Action Needed

Hill, Sarah E sehill at blm.gov
Mon Sep 30 10:03:52 CDT 2024

Hello seed enthusiasts,

As you know, the 2024 collection season has been an ambitious one! 118 collection teams across three agencies are on track to make over 1, 200 seed collections, many of which are large enough to go into seed increase projects. For folks in the lower 48, we've been talking all season about our cleaning capacity and the need to re-assign cleaning facilities when we get close to reaching our collection cleaning cap. We have reached that point, and need to get some information from all of you so we can provide direction for the rest of the season.

If you are a collector in Alaska

  *
You can continue as normal shipping things to the Palmer PMC.

All other collectors

  *
There will be a shipping freeze from Oct 4 - 15 while we work through new cleaning facility assignments. DO NOT send seed to any cleaning facility during this time. After the 15th, new cleaning/shipping assignments will be send out and you may resume shipping to the specified locations.

  *
Each team must fill out the following form by ASAP, no later than October 7th estimating the number and sizes of collections you will be shipping in October, November and December. For October collections, list anything shipped after this week.
     *
Fall 2024 Seed Shipping form<https://forms.office.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=urWTBhhLe02TQfMvQApUlO5xs5-TlYlFs7RN2H4GSnZUREI2MzUwMElNWFg5QkNBTEgyRlJNSEhGOC4u>

We will discuss this form and seed shipping at the monthly collector call tomorrow. If you have any questions please let me know.

For the seeds,

Sarah

Sarah Hill

she/her

Seeds of Success National Curator
Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>

Why I list my pronouns<https://pronouns.org/what-and-why>

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the unceded ancestral, traditional and contemporary lands of the Nuwe/Nume (Paiute, Shoshone, Bannock) people, as well as other indigenous tribes who traveled through the area known as Idaho who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.