[SOS-PCA] SOS Collectors Call TOMORROW October 8th

Prescott, Leah lprescott at blm.gov
Mon Oct 7 16:06:44 CDT 2019

Hi all,

Friendly reminder that the next SOS Collectors call is tomorrow, Tuesday,
October 8th. These monthly calls are required for all seed collecting
teams. Let me know if you need the call in information.

>From Bend - PLEASE send clearance forms to Leah at the National Office as
soon as you determine you will be requesting seed back. The sooner Bend is
aware, the faster the seed can be cleaned. *PLEASE be clear when shipping
NON SOS lots to Bend, label these collections as "NON SOS"* not
"operational collection". Bend has a separate NON SOS form you can use.

Draft Agenda:

Roll call
Data Entry
Clearance Forms/Requesting Seed Back
Annual Reports
Round Robin/Updates - please come prepared with how your season is going,
number of collections made so far, number shipped to Bend, and number you
plan to ship soon.

If you do not have a 2019 portal log in please contact me.

Just as a reminder, the calls take place at:

8 AM Alaska
9 AM Pacific
10 AM Mountain
11 AM Central
Noon Eastern

Please contact me if you need the call in number.

Below are points from our September call:

·       Data entry via the portal is also due by Dec. 15th. Please make
sure you are working this into your schedule. If you cannot meet the
deadline, please let Leah know. Please export your data once you are
finished entering it to look for any errors or fields you may have
forgotten to fill out.

·        If there are any updates to species, identifications please send
me (Leah) an email ASAP. Its best to catch this before seed goes into bend
or long-term storage but we know that is not always possible.

·       *Annual Reporting*: Please leave all SOS records in good order,
ensuring that datasheets, photos and other records are saved electronically
at your office. All data forms, photos, and annual reports are due to
Rachel by Dec. 15, materials sent in early are always appreciated. If for
some reason you cannot meet that deadline, please let me know. The SOS
annual report template is available on the website. Please send materials
via google drive or a zipped folder.

·       Please DO NOT submit photos in sub folders! Submit all photos,
properly labelled, in a SINGLE folder. This expedites our uploading process.

·       Please submit any extra photos of people collecting, or new
collection techniques you may have tried. These will be used for reports
and new training materials.

·       *Clearance Forms:* There has been a bit of confusion surrounding
the new clearance forms.

·       With this form, BLM collectors can request the entire remaining
balance (any seed over 10,000) be returned or shipped to a cooperator. To
request only a portion of your remaining balance, or to send the remaining
balance of a single collection to multiple partners, please contact the SOS
National Coordinating Office. This form can also be used to request seed
test result data. If both test results and shipping are requested please
fill out both the “shipping” column and “seed test results” column. If
shipping is in planning stages, but not certain until after data is
received, omit the shipping info and complete a second form to the SOS
National Coordinating Office when shipping information is determined.

·       Complete this form and e-mail it to the SOS National Coordinating
Office with associated SOS Field Data Forms by January 30th. A monthly
review of clearance forms will occur on the first Tuesday of the month,
following the national coordinating call. The SOS National Coordinating
Office will review the request, if approved, assign a clearance number(s),
and send the approved clearance form to the Bend Seed Extractory. *A limit
of 25 seed lots will be shipped or tested each month*, please plan requests
accordingly or work with the SOS National Coordinating Office for more
urgent requests.

·       *Bend will not return material without SOS Field Data Forms and a
clearance number assigned by the SOS National Coordinating Office.* Please
allow at least 30 days from date of approval to the date you would like the
seed or seed test results returned.
Thank you,
Leah

--
Leah Prescott
Seeds of Success

Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>
National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>