[SOS-PCA] SOS Collectors' Call Notes from 12/3/13

Haidet, Margaret mahaidet at blm.gov
Thu Dec 5 14:43:36 CST 2013

*SOS Collectors' Call*

*December 3, 2013*

There were 19 collectors on the call.

*PLEASE SEND ALL DATA, PHOTOS and ANNUAL REPORTS ASAP! *

The National Coordinating Office is working on an article for a 2014
publication and would like to include 2013 information.

*2014 Training*

BLM Seed Collection for Conservation and Restoration Course May 12-16,
Boise, ID

CLM Seed Collection for Conservation and Restoration Training June 9-13,
Glencoe, IL

*Update on data entry portal*

We are working with the developers on this.  Once the product is ready, a
small group from the field will test it.  Once all of the kinks are worked
out we will let everyone know.  Multiple webinars will be presented to
inform the field how to use the web-based data entry portal.

*New SOS Website to be Launched!*

SOS website is moving from National Park Service to Bureau of Land
Management web servers.

Stay tuned for an announcement over the SOS listserve.

*Smithsonian Institution*

Please include Transmittal Notice and contact information with all vouchers.

Transmittal notice templates are available on the SOS website.

*Update from Bend *

IT'S A GIRL! - Kayla will be on maternity leave but keep sending her
emails, phone and email messages will be forwarded and taken care of.

Weeks of Christmas and New Years will have slim staff.

988 seed lots received from SOS.  33% complete clean for the year (8%
faster than last year).

Megan Haidet
Seeds of Success
National Collection Curator