[SOS-PCA] Data Sheets & Target Species Lists

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Tue Jun 22 15:11:32 CDT 2004

Hi everyone,

Just an update on the state of the data.  The database stuff that I
mentioned before is now in the process of being implemented!  I will
hopefully be able to put up the searchable version of the list sometime
late next week unless some weird issue crops up.

This also means that I will start entering the data from your Field Data
forms.  Some offices have been better than others at sending us duplicates
of the Field Data forms.  Please remember to send copies to us here in DC
so we can help keep track of things.  This includes all collections that
you make, both ones that go to Kew and ones that go to Bend.  I may be
e-mailing individual offices requesting Field Data forms from previous
collections if we don't have copies.  The ultimate goal with this will be
that the Field Data will be put on the website (yes, it will be
searchable).  We will be tracking most of the information on the form, but
not all of it will be made available on the public website to keep the
large stampedes of people or cows rushing out to eat particular species.

I've been asked before about how we prefer to receive the Field Data
Forms.  The answer is any way that it is easier for you.  We'll take
mailed photocopies or e-mailed Word documents or FedExed CD's with the
Word documents.  You can do it along the way or you can save them up and
mail them out every few weeks.  Please don't feel rushed to send us the
forms in the middle of the field season as we know you are terribly busy.
Please use the most recent edition of the Field Data Form (for those that
fill it out electronically in Word, I've put up a version that should have
the correct font size in the boxes so it still fits on 1 page when
completed).  The form can be found at
http://www.nps.gov/plants/sos/protocol/appendix2.htm

If you have any questions about any of this, please feel free to contact
me.

Olivia
SER/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/