[SOS-PCA] working together

Carol_Spurrier at blm.gov Carol_Spurrier at blm.gov
Mon Jun 14 08:13:14 CDT 2004

Hello Seed Collectors,

I just wanted to wish all of you a great week collecting and let you know
how inspiring it is for me to work with such a great team.  The way all of
the cooperators and collecting groups work together (see attached email for
just one example) to get the job done amazes me, and makes my job easy and
fun and rewarding, so thank you!!!

This week I had to drop my plans to be at the BLM Seed collection training
course in Reno because of an opportunity to brief my superiors about the
importance of continued funding for the native plant materials program in
BLM.  I would like to thank Carol Dawson and Joan Seevers along with Mark
Phillips and Dean Tonenna for stepping up and talking over in my absence.
I know I don't need to be there for the course to be great, thought I
wanted to be there.  I will do my best here in Washington DC to represent
the program for all of you!

Carol

----- Forwarded by Carol Spurrier/WO/BLM/DOI on 06/14/2004 08:52 AM -----

                      "Sarah Hunkins"
                      <shunkins at dbg.org        To:       <carol_spurrier at blm.gov>
                      >                        cc:
                                               Subject:  SOS
                      06/11/2004 11:48
                      AM
                      Please respond to
                      shunkins

Hi Carol,

I spoke with Flo Oxley and she was very happy to let us have Convolvulus
equitans.  She feels there are plenty of species to collect and that this
is
a team effort.  I feel the same way.  She was delightful to talk with.

Sarah