[SOS-PCA] Aug 31 Registration Deadline: 2024 CWR Symposium

Hill, Sarah E sehill at blm.gov
Tue Aug 27 13:30:25 CDT 2024

FYI for those interested in crop wild relatives, the 2024 CWR Symposium closes registration August 31st! There is also a free virtual attendance option for those who want to learn, but can't make it to Denver. See the message below for details.

For the seeds,

Sarah

Sarah Hill

she/her

Seeds of Success National Curator
Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>

Why I list my pronouns<https://pronouns.org/what-and-why>

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the unceded ancestral, traditional and contemporary lands of the Nuwe/Nume (Paiute, Shoshone, Bannock) people, as well as other indigenous tribes who traveled through the area known as Idaho who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.

Register for the 2024 Crop Wild Relative Symposium today!<https://www.usbg.gov/2024cwrsymposium>

[cid:image001.png at 01DAF571.C1A61E90]

Registration Deadline Reminder

Symposium registration deadline is August 31, 2024. Capacity is limited; be sure to register soon. Register Here<https://www.usbg.gov/registration-2024-cwr-symposium>

Free Virtual Attendance Option

For those who are not able to attend the symposium in person, a virtual attendance option for the symposium is now available for free. Register Here<https://catalog.botanicgardens.org/DateSelection.aspx?item=5827>

New Meeting Additions
•        A Wildland Gathering<https://www.usbg.gov/wildland-gathering-2024-cwr-symposium> to celebrate Indigenous wild plant foraging will be convened by the Flower Hill Institute on Sept. 16, 9:00 - 3:00 p.m. at the Denver Botanic Gardens’ Chatfield Farms. The Wildland Gathering will include Tribal representatives from across North America and facilitated discussions will focus on North American Indigenous foragers and gatherers of wildland plants. Capacity is limited for this event. Learn more.<https://www.usbg.gov/wildland-gathering-2024-cwr-symposium>

  *   Herbaceous Perennial Grains Working Group Meeting, September 19, 1:00- 4:30 pm. This optional meeting following the symposium will take place at the Denver Botanic Gardens, and focus on defining and prioritizing this group of plants for conservation and use. Capacity is limited for this event. Learn more.<https://www.usbg.gov/registration-2024-cwr-symposium>

For more information about the 2024 CWR Symposium visit www.usbg.gov/2024cwrsymposium<http://www.usbg.gov/2024cwrsymposium%20>

Thank you! We look forward to seeing you in a few weeks!

Abby

Abby Meyer (she/her)  |  308.293.1782  |  abby.meyer at bgci.org

Botanic Gardens Conservation International U.S<https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com/?d=bgci.org&u=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuYmdjaS5vcmcvb3VyLXdvcmsvd2hlcmUtd2Utd29yay9ub3J0aC1hbWVyaWNhL2JnY2ktdXMv&i=NTk0MmY0MjIyOGU2MWMwZjM2MGY4MTg3&t=WmhzbHNZaGFrQmJmS3VGNld1cjJ5L1Z5aWJ6cUd4Z2g4ZHRBQ2ZRcEdmUT0=&h=5af295a5c4764fd38b17dd0d75c02094>. (BGCI-US<https://us-west-2.protection.sophos.com/?d=bgci.org&u=aHR0cDovL3d3dy5iZ2NpLm9yZy8=&i=NTk0MmY0MjIyOGU2MWMwZjM2MGY4MTg3&t=WDhpaVpDRGNaYnh0c2dpZ0J5NWZXc3hqNXh3b0hWajdCd21GYUNPZzN2TT0=&h=5af295a5c4764fd38b17dd0d75c02094>)

at The Huntington Library, Art Museum, and Botanical Gardens  |  Los Angeles, CA

[signature_1617852143]

New BGCI GardenSearch: update your garden’s profile at https://gardensearch.bgci.org/

New BGCI PlantSearch: update your garden’s collection data at https://plantsearch.bgci.org/