[SOS-PCA] Dec. SOS Collectors Call - NOTES

Hosna, Rachel rhosna at blm.gov
Mon Dec 11 08:51:14 CST 2017

Hi Everyone,

There were 22 participants on the call. Thank you to everyone who called in!

*General Announcements and Reminders:*

-*December 15th* is the deadline for end of season materials (*clearance
forms*, annual report, photos, copies of datasheets and data entry in the
portal!) If you cannot meet this deadline, please let me know ASAP.

-The BLM course “Seed Collecting for Conservation and Restoration” will be
in Fort Collins, CO May 15-17, 2018. Search for the course in DOI learn or
contact me.

-If you were not on the call, please send me an e-mail with any feedback
you may have for the SOS program. Are there ways the national office can
better serve your team? Things you would like to see included in future
trainings? Suggested updates for the protocol? General feedback? I want to
know!

-There will likely be no SOS call in January – please stay tuned for a call
in February or March.

*Smithsonian Update*

-The shipping moratorium is still in place – please do not ship any
herbarium specimens from now until January 6th.

*Bend Update*

- Please do not ship seed the week between Christmas and New Years.

Happy Holidays!
Best,

Rachel
--
Rachel Hosna
Seeds of Success
rhosna at blm.gov

Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>
National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>