[SOS-PCA] SOS Seed Cleaning Facilities July 2024

Hill, Sarah E sehill at blm.gov
Fri Jul 12 12:15:54 CDT 2024

Hello SOS collectors, managers, and partners,

I have some good news to share! With over 300 collections so far this season, I am sure that many of you have been eagerly awaiting news of where you should send your seeds for cleaning. We are still working with other cleaning facilities throughout the USFS National Nursery System to guage capacity and find the best facilities to clean the diverse array of species that are collected each season, so please note that facilities in the lower 48 WILL change after July. Keep an eye/ear out for more information during on the August collector call and subsequent notes.

Here are the cleaning facility assignments for July 2024

Palmer Plant Materials Center

  *
All Alaska collections

Dorena Genetics Resource Center

  *
All NPS Crews (Crews with collector codes starting with 'NP') Except NPSD00 and NPNM00
  *
FWS0300
  *
FWS0202
  *
FWS0400
  *
FWS0401
  *
FWS0402
  *
FWS0403
  *
FWS0404

Bend Seed Extractory

  *
NPSD00 and NPNM00
  *
All DOI crews (collector codes starting with 'D')
  *
All BLM agency funded teams
  *
All other USFWS teams

We have a limited capacity at both of these seed cleaning facilities, filling out your seed tracking forms as collections are being shipped is critical. We use this data to allot the correct number of collections to each facility. For the small number of you still using paper data sheets, you can access the seed tracking form on your desktop geoplatform account. If you need more information about how to do this, please contact me.

Thank you all so, so much for your patience as we coordinate this piece of the SOS puzzle. As always, don't hesitate to reach out if you have any questions!

For the seeds,

Sarah

Sarah Hill

she/her

Seeds of Success National Curator
Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>

Why I list my pronouns<https://pronouns.org/what-and-why>

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the unceded ancestral, traditional and contemporary lands of the Nuwe/Nume (Paiute, Shoshone, Bannock) people, as well as other indigenous tribes who traveled through the area known as Idaho who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.