[SOS-PCA] NPS hiring six GS 9 Biologist positions to manage SOS crews in 2024!

Hill, Sarah E sehill at blm.gov
Wed Apr 10 10:29:54 CDT 2024

These positions are open to the first 35 applicants, so get your application in or send to those who might be interested ASAP!

Biologist, GS-0401-09

Job Announcement Number: WO-1614-NRSS-24-12350546-DE

Open: 04/09/2024

Closes: 04/24/2024

USAJOBS - Job Announcement<https://www.usajobs.gov/job/785910800>

Open to the public, and CTAP eligibles

The major duties of the Biologist position include, but are not limited to, the following:

        *   Develops and maintains liaisons and effective working relations with seed collection crews and instructs collection crews on plant identification and seed collection/curation best practices.
        *   Uses botanical knowledge to develop seed collection, cleaning, and storage action plans and strategies.
        *   Carries out field collection using GPS and GIS technology, performs data entry, and carries out quality control checks on large quantities of data collected and entered by others.
        *   Coordinates NPS seed collection strategies and programs with those on adjacent lands for the purposes of achieving broad ecosystem restoration.
        *   Carries out program management and develops work plans and schedules for multiple field crews. Tracks project funds and prepare accomplishment reports.

For the seeds,

Sarah

Sarah Hill

she/her

Seeds of Success National Curator
Bureau of Land Management - contractor

Currently working from home - contact me for my cell #

Seeds of Success<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>

National Seed Strategy<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>

Plant Conservation Alliance<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy/pca>

Why I list my pronouns<https://pronouns.org/what-and-why>

I respectfully acknowledge that I live and work on the unceded ancestral, traditional and contemporary lands of the Nuwe/Nume (Paiute, Shoshone, Bannock) people who have stewarded this land throughout the generations.