[SOS-PCA] Job Opportunities: CBG Conservation Department Faculty positions

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Mon Sep 12 15:13:05 CDT 2022

1. Conservation Scientist
Position Overview: We seek to hire an assistant scientist to join the Garden’s Negaunee Institute for Plant Conservation Science and Action (https://www.chicagobotanic.org/research). We are seeking a full-time, career-track scientist who uses genomics and bioinformatics tools to answer questions relevant to conservation and/or restoration. Research interests in any area of genomics, including but not limited to biogeography, population genomics, environmental genomics, evolution, fungal/microbial genomics, phylogenomics or systematics. The successful candidate will join a highly collaborative group of scientists focused on addressing key conservation challenges. In addition to conducting research, the successful candidate will serve as faculty in our joint Plant Biology and Conservation graduate program with Northwestern University and will be expected to mentor, assist and train students in using genomic and bioinformatic tools. All scientists at the Garden are expected to assist with education programs including internship programs, community engagement and service activities where appropriate. The preferred start date is early 2023 but can be flexible.

2. Conservation Genomics position