[SOS-PCA] Job Opportunity: 3 Botanists, Farmington, Las Cruces and Taos, NM

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Fri Sep 9 14:48:48 CDT 2022

Job title: Botanist, Botany Program Lead in Farmington, Las Cruces or Taos NM Office Location: Farmington, Las Cruces or Taos, New Mexico Status: Regular, full-time Supervisor: Deputy Director
Compensation: $24/hour, plus paid health care, sick leave, PTO, and retirement benefits

For guaranteed consideration, please submit applications by September 20, 2022. After this date, applications will be considered on a rolling basis. Preferred start date: October 17, 2022.

About Us: The Institute for Applied Ecology (IAE), a non-profit organization, has been actively engaged in the conservation of native species and habitats through restoration, research, and education for over 20 years. We fill a unique niche in this field by working with a diverse group of partners including federal, state and county agencies and municipalities to accomplish our mission. Our Southwest Office (IAE SW) works in New Mexico and Arizona. We cultivate partnerships to facilitate large-scale, regional conservation projects, develop ecologically appropriate sources of native seed, offer native species education opportunities and materials, provide technical assistance to restoration and management planning and implementation, and conduct on-the-ground habitat restoration and applied research.

Position Description: IAE Southwest seeks to hire three Botany Program Leads to support the objectives of the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) Plant Conservation and Restoration Program (PCRP) program at the Farmington Field Office, Las Cruces District Office and Taos Field Office in New Mexico. The PCRP conserves, maintains, and restores native plant communities through its land use planning and land management activities.

More information: https://appliedeco.org/get-involved/jobs/