[SOS-PCA] December 2021 Collector Call - Last call of the year!

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Fri Dec 3 17:58:24 CST 2021

Hi everyone,

Our last call for the year is next Tuesday, December 7th and all end of year reporting documents and data are due by December 15th!
If you cannot make the December 15th deadline for any reason, please let me know.

Tuesday's call will be a good opportunity to ask any final questions about end of year reporting, as well as share any lessons learned this year. Your lesson could be a new seed collecting technique, an easy way to identify a tricky species, or a shoutout to someone who provided excellent local guidance who you think future collectors should communicate with.

At the end of the call, I will go over some of the updates to the SOS Technical Protocol that will take effect in 2022. I will be using Powerpoint, so I would recommend joining via computer rather than phone if you have that option.

There will be no call in January, but feel free to contact me if you need anything and stay tuned for a call in February. I will be updating the call invite list this winter, and will announce on this listserv when that is done - sometime in January. At that point if you have not received the 2022 SOS monthly call invite, please let me know.

General Reminders:

-If you are planning on requesting any of your 2021 collections back, please send Anna a clearance form by January 30th, 2022. Clearance forms are available for download on the SOS website.

-It's a good time to reflect on the season, so if you have any suggestions for improvements to the SOS program, please let me know in an email. Any suggestions on how the national office can better serve you, things you think should be clarified in the protocol, or training improvements are all welcome.

- Send your seeds to Bend ASAP! And don't forget to do the shake test - if the seeds fall out when you shake it, they will definitely fall out during shipping.

- Monthly calls are always the first Tuesday of the month at the following time:

8 AM Alaska
9 AM Pacific
10 AM Mountain
11 AM Central
Noon Eastern

Congratulations on making it to the end of another successful season!
Please contact me if you have any questions, comments, or concerns as you work to finalize everything and begin to plan for next year.

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lindquist

Seeds of Success National Curator