[SOS-PCA] SOS Call Notes, November 10th

Lindquist, Anna E alindquist at blm.gov
Tue Nov 10 15:05:26 CST 2020

Hi all,

Thank you to everyone who joined the call today - about half of the teams are done for the season, so this one was short and sweet. I hope you are all enjoying the transition into winter wherever you are, and thank you all again for finishing out the season strong despite a global pandemic!

Our last call for the year will be December 1st.

Here are a few notes from our meeting today:

- Updates from Bend: Please ship your seed sooner rather than later (preferably by December 11th). Note that the holidays are coming up, so avoid shipping  the week of Thanksgiving. We don't want your seed to sit on a Fedex truck for multiple days and freeze and thaw. Also, data forms need to be in the box with the corresponding seed. This allows whoever is working to immediately get the seed put into the system.

Those of you who said on the call that you are planning on collecting past December 11th, I (Anna) will follow up with you this week. If you do not get an email from me and you are planning on collecting, please reach out and let both myself and Kayla know how many collections you think you will be making after December 11th. Note that I do not control the SOS contracts, so please make sure you are all squared away on that front with your coordinator and COR contact if you are changing your end date.

Clearance Forms - Bend needs 30 days from when they receive the clearance form to get it processed - that means 30 days from when I send it in to them, so please try to be cognizant of that. I try to reply to all my emails within 24-48 hours, but some weeks are better than others. Additionally, Bend is operating with a limited crew, as is the lab that does TZ testing so things are taking a little longer. They have been able to meet everyone's requests and orders so far, but please be aware that the number of staff available to meet everyone's needs is limited, so submitting your orders in a timely fashion is very much appreciated.

- Update from Smithsonian: The situation at Smithsonian is the same - please hold onto your vouchers if you have the capacity to do so. Erika will let us know when there is a change. If you do need to send them in, know that the crew will be very limited over the holidays, so try to send them the week before Thanksgiving, or hold onto them until next year.

-Data forms, annual reports, photos, and web portal entries are all due by Friday, December 11th. Please let me know if you have any questions. Please do not submit Non-SOS seed collections into the web portal. But, please do send me any extra photos of people collecting seed if you have them :)

Thanks,
Anna

Anna Lindquist

Seeds of Success National Curator