[SOS-PCA] Seed Sourcing Symposium, June 13, 2016

Lindsey Riibe limberlayne at gmail.com
Tue May 10 14:54:57 CDT 2016

Seed Sourcing for Restoration in a Changing Climate
A Janet Meakin Poor Research SymposiumMonday, June 13, 2016Proper sourcing
of seed for ecological restoration has never been straightforward, and it
is becoming even more challenging and complex as the climate changes. In
this symposium, we will discuss how plants are responding to changing
climates and how this may influence seed sourcing decisions. We will work
with the seed industry to understand their challenges in providing seed for
restoration. We will work to develop guidelines that are scientifically
reasonable and implementable. And we will focus on how to develop adequate
supplies of reliable species and increase seed storage capacity.
*More information and to register: *
http://www.chicagobotanic.org/education/professional_programs/seed_sourcing_restoration

--
Lindsey Riibe