[SOS-PCA] Fwd: NAOCC

Haidet, Margaret (Megan) mahaidet at blm.gov
Fri Aug 7 13:15:09 CDT 2015

Hey folks,

We need your vote!

The North American Orchid Conservation Center has been selected to
participate in the Smithsonian Summer Showdown, a bracket-style voting
competition for the public to choose the most amazing thing at or about the
Smithsonian. The Smithsonian museums, research and cultural centers, and
zoo, nominate contestants in their subject category (art, science, history
or culture) and then battle the other contestants on social media with
educational and entertaining posts to convince the public that their
contestant should win. The public gets introduced to the many aspects of
the Smithsonian and we’re given the chance to convince the public that NAOCC
is “Seriously Amazing.”
<http://showdown.si.edu/?s_src=siod_cm085pesssercmag>

*Round 1 voting begins today and continues through Wednesday, Aug. 12:* For
your vote to count, you must vote in each category (science, art, history,
culture) and you can vote once a day. NAOCC needs to be one of the top
three for science to remain in the competition. We need your vote! Vote for
orchid conservation <http://showdown.si.edu/?s_src=siod_cm085pesssercmag>

Follow the action on:

Facebook <https://www.facebook.com/smithsonian.serc>

Twitter <https://twitter.com/smithsonianenv>

Tumblr <http://smithsonian-environment.tumblr.com/>

Instagram <https://instagram.com/smithsonianenvironment/>

SERC’s Blog <http://sercblog.si.edu/>

[image: habenaria-repens-fl-jfowler]

Thanks Jim Fowler for the water spider –Jay/NAOCC