[SOS-PCA] Research Question

Haidet, Margaret mahaidet at blm.gov
Tue Sep 17 09:14:29 CDT 2013

Please contact Sarah directly if you have any experience determining the
quantitative benefit of using native seed in a community.

I’m sending a proposal to fund our native seed collection program to the
Colorado Department of Public Health and Environment.  One of the questions
they have asked is how much this will benefit the local community
environmentally and/or for public health, and they want a quantitative
estimate.  I know how many pounds of native seed have been collected and
the low contamination rates.  I know these seeds are far more expensive for
purchase than non-native commercially available seeds.  But I’m having a
hard time making an estimate of the quantitative benefit to the community.
Do you have any experience, or do you know of someone who has experience,
making a good estimate of such a value?  I’d appreciate the help learning
their methods.****

 ****

Thanks so much,

Sarah****