[SOS-PCA] SOS Website Updates

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Jun 4 14:47:01 CDT 2009

Hi seed collectors,

I just wanted to let you all know about a few of the more recent SOS
website updates:

- Protocol: Rita Dodge notified us that we had some incorrect US National
Herbarium (Smithsonian) contact information in there.  This has now been
corrected. http://www.nps.gov/plants/sos/protocol/
- Information: I've edited an Omernik Level III Ecoregions map so that it
prints in a more readable fashion along with text descriptions of all the
ecoregions.  http://www.nps.gov/plants/sos/pdf/
- Training: We now have pictoral training guides on how to ship fleshy
fruits and how to ship collections for common garden studies.  Also, if
you haven't seen it before there's also a document up that explains all of
the different fields in the data form along with an example filled out
form.   http://www.nps.gov/plants/sos/training

We're always looking for ways to make the website more useful, so please
let us know if there's anything you'd like to see added or if you notice
errors.  Would putting up an archive of the conference call notes be
helpful to anyone?

Olivia
CPC/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/