[SOS-PCA] Protocol

Plant Conservation plant at plantconservation.org
Thu Aug 19 09:43:20 CDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm going to start taking a look at the Protocol to see if improvements
can be made that will allow it to be more helpful.  Currently a few of the
things I'm looking to do are:

 - Adding page numbers
 - Putting the Table of Contents into the document itself instead of only
having the TOC on the website
 - Maybe incorporating some sort of index
 - Adding in graphics to show examples of filled out shipping forms
 - Adding in specific instructions for our preferred method of creating
seed collection reference numbers
 - Adding a set of filled out forms to serve as samples/examples
 - Adding in more information about the TNC Ecoregions that are used
 - Adding in a little more information/guidance about plant images

Feel free to let me know if any of those ideas sound terrible.  If
anyone has other ideas or has had trouble using the protocol to find
answers to questions, please let me know your suggestions or your
criticisms about the document.  I definitely want to make it more
useful/easier to use for BLM collectors, but am particularly keen on
checking with the non-BLM collectors if the Procotol needs
changes/additions to be more non-BLM friendly.  Thanks for your input!

Olivi
SER/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/