[PCA] FR NOTICE: Petition to Delist Pierson's milk vetch

megan haidet mahaidet at yahoo.com
Thu Jul 17 14:58:49 CDT 2008

To view the full FR notice, visit:
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2008/July/Day-17/e16041.htm

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17
[FWS-R8-ES-2008-0081; 92220-1113-0000-C5]

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; 12-Month Finding on a
Petition To Delist Astragalus magdalenae var. peirsonii (Peirson's
milk-vetch)

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Notice of 12-month petition finding.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce a
12-month finding on a petition to remove Astragalus magdalenae var.
peirsonii (Peirson's milk-vetch) from the Federal List of Threatened
and Endangered Plants under the Endangered Species Act. After reviewing
the best scientific and commercial information available, we find that
the petitioned action is not warranted. We ask the public to submit to
us any new information that becomes available concerning the status of,
or threats to, the species. This information will help us monitor and
encourage the conservation of this species.

DATES: The finding announced in this document was made on July 17,
2008.

ADDRESSES: This finding is available on the Internet at http://
www.regulations.gov, http://www.fws.gov/endangered, and http://
www.fws.gov/Carlsbad. Supporting documentation we used in preparing
this finding is available for public inspection, by appointment, during
normal business hours at the Carlsbad Fish and Wildlife Office, U.S.
Fish and Wildlife Service, 6010 Hidden Valley Road, Carlsbad, CA 92011;
telephone 760-431-9440; facsimile 760-431-5901. Please submit any new
information, materials, comments, or questions concerning this finding
to the above street address or via electronic mail (e-mail) at
FW8cfwocomments at fws.gov.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Jim Bartel, Field Supervisor, U.S.
Fish and Wildlife Service, Carlsbad Fish and Wildlife Office (see
ADDRESSES section). If you use a telecommunications device for the deaf
(TDD), call the Federal Information Relay Service (FIRS) at 800-877-8339.