[PCA] Assistance Needed For C0onservation Project

botresearchusa at academicplanet.com botresearchusa at academicplanet.com
Wed Aug 13 13:22:44 CDT 2008

PCA Menbers and Cooperators,

Botresearch USA has for the last 15 years been involved in research
involving plants of the Lamiaceae/ Labiatae family. We have also been
involved in the conservation of threatened and endangered species and
the esatblishment of a conservation garden for all speices in this
plant family.

Several years ago we decided to open up a forum on the internet which
would educate the general public about these species and promote their
conservation.
This year we have had an influx of members in this group which are
avid gardeners, master gardeners, and horticulturists. The group which
is composed of members from numerous states asked me if there was a
way that they could be more involved with the endangered species and
in our discussions, they came up with the idea that each one of them
would be a project leader and recruit other people in their area who
were interested in gardening and the plants in this family to be in
their individual groups.Each one of these groups would take seed
which we could obtain from the threatened and endangered species,
germinate the seed and grow the plants to maturity.When the plants
proiduced seed, each group would harvest the seed from the plants
native to their state, and distribute
part of them to botanical gardens, garden clubs and conservation
organizations, with the pre-condition that these organizations would
put some in their gardens and take the bulk of the seed and scatter
them in rural areas or farmland areas, or they could germinate the
seed and then take the seedlings and distribute them in these
areas.The group leaders of our project would also call together it's
members and likewise scatter the seed in similar areas.This would be
an ongoing project.

We need those of you who are in posession of these species of seed to
donate about 50 seed of each specie so that we can initiate
production.We also need
those of you who would be willing to take the seed that they produce
and your organization scatter the seed in the rural or farmland areas
or use them to grow seedlings to plant in these areas.Those of you who
would be willing to help in either or both aspects of this project,
please contact me at:
botresearchusa at sbcglobal.net . Thank you for your time and consideration.

Kindest Regards,
J.N.Covanes