[PCA] [MPWG] 2007 Red List and plants native to the U.S. and its Territories

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Mon Sep 17 09:01:18 CDT 2007

Dear all!

 I'll let you know how I found the information for my e-mail, so that
anyone can "pull down" the info of interest...

To search the entire database (i.e. plants, animals, etc.)
Go to: http://www.iucnredlist.org/
Click: "Search"
Choose your parameters: For instance, to get the total number of U.S.
native species assessed (the first entry in the first column in my table),
I chose:
>Red list categories: "All Evaluated (including Least Concern)"
>Select one or more countries: "United States"
Then hit "SEARCH"
The total entries appears in the upper right-hand corner of the search
results.

This is how to search just for plants: (At least, this is how I did it)
Go to: http://www.iucnredlist.org/
Click: "Search"
Click: "Expert Search"
Choose; "Plantae"
Click: "Calculate Taxonomy"
Choose your parameters: For instance, to get the total number of plants
assessed (the first entry in the second column in my table), I chose:
>Red list categories: "All Evaluated (including Least Concern)"
>Select one or more countries: "United States"
Then hit "SEARCH"
The total entries appears in the upper right-hand corner of the search
results.

As my 23 year-old brother, who never reads an instruction manual, would
suggest, you should "play around" with the database to see what else you
can do with it.  It's really quite versatile!

Regards,
-Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>

Trish Flaster <tflastersprint at earthlink.net>
09/17/2007 09:30 AM

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
cc

Subject
Re: [MPWG] 2007 Red List and plants native to the U.S. and its Territories

Can we receive a list of which plants?
Trish
Trish Flaster
Executive Director
Botanical Liaisons, LLC
1180 Crestmoor Drive
Boulder, CO 80303
303-494-1555 303-494-2555 fax
www.botanicalliaisons.com

Authenticated botanical reference materials available