[PCA] FR NOTICE: Catesbaea melanocarpa critical habitat designation comment period reopened

Megan_Haidet at fws.gov Megan_Haidet at fws.gov
Wed Mar 14 12:05:49 CDT 2007

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17
RIN 1018-AU76

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Designation of
Critical Habitat for Catesbaea melanocarpa

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Proposed rule; reopening of comment period, notice of
availability of draft economic analysis, and amended required
determinations.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), announce the
reopening of the comment period on the proposed designation of critical
habitat for the plant Catesbaea melanocarpa (no common name) and the
availability of the draft economic analysis of the proposed designation
of critical habitat under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as
amended (Act). The draft economic analysis identifies potential costs
of approximately $132,300 to $441,000 over a 20-year period as a result
of the proposed designation of critical habitat, including those costs
coextensive with listing. We are reopening the comment period to allow
all interested parties an opportunity to comment simultaneously on the
proposed rule and the associated draft economic analysis. If you
previously submitted comments on the proposed rule, you need not
resubmit them, because we have incorporated them into the public record
and will fully considered them in preparation of our final rule.

DATES: We will accept public comments on this document and the proposed
rule published at 71 FR 48883, Aug. 22, 2006 until April 13, 2007.

ADDRESSES: If you wish to comment, you may submit your comments and
information concerning this proposal by any one of several methods:
1. Mail or hand-deliver to Edwin E. Mu[ntilde]iz, Field Supervisor,
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, Caribbean Fish and Wildlife Office,
Road 301 Km. 5.1, P.O. Box 491, Boquer[oacute]n, PR 00622.
2. Send by electronic mail (e-mail) to <A
HREF="mailto:marelisa_rivera at fws.gov">marelisa_rivera at fws.gov</A>.
Please see the ``Public Comments Solicited'' section below for file
format and other information about electronic filing.
3. Fax to 787-851-7440.
4. Submit comments on the Federal E-Rulemaking Portal at <A
HREF="http://www.regulations.gov">http://www.regulations.gov</A>.
Follow the instructions for submitting comments.

Comments and materials we receive, as well as supporting
documentation we used in the preparation of this proposed rule, will be
available for public inspection, by appointment, during normal business
hours at the Caribbean Fish and Wildlife Office at the above address.

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Marelisa Rivera, Caribbean Fish and
Wildlife Office (see ADDRESSES); telephone, 787-851-7297, extension
231; facsimile, 787-851-7440. If you use a telecommunications device
for the deaf (TDD), you may call the Federal Information Relay Service
(FIRS) at 800-877-8339.

To view the entire FR notice, visit
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2007/March/Day-14/e4542.htm