[PCA] FR NOTICE: San Diego thornmint critical habitat designation proposal

Megan_Haidet at fws.gov Megan_Haidet at fws.gov
Wed Mar 14 11:54:59 CDT 2007

DEPARTMENT OF THE INTERIOR
Fish and Wildlife Service
50 CFR Part 17
RIN 1018-AU86

Endangered and Threatened Wildlife and Plants; Designation of
Critical Habitat for Acanthomintha ilicifolia (San Diego thornmint)

AGENCY: Fish and Wildlife Service, Interior.
ACTION: Proposed rule.

SUMMARY: We, the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service (Service), propose to
designate critical habitat for Acanthomintha ilicifolia (San Diego
thornmint) under the Endangered Species Act of 1973, as amended (Act).
We have determined that a total of approximately 1,936 acres (ac) (783
hectares (ha)) in San Diego County, California, meets the definition of
critical habitat. We are proposing to exclude 1,302 ac (527 ha) from
the critical habitat designation. If these proposed exclusions are
adopted, this would result in a designation of critical habitat of
approximately 634 ac (257 ha) of land under Federal (553 ac (224 ha)),
and State and local (81 ac (33 ha)), ownership in San Diego County,
California.

DATES: We will accept comments from all interested parties until May
14, 2007. We must receive requests for public hearings, in writing, at
the address shown in the ADDRESSES section by April 30, 2007.

ADDRESSES: If you wish to comment on the proposed rule, you may submit
your comments and materials identified by RIN 1018-AU86, by any of the
following methods:
(1) You may send comments by electronic mail (e-mail) to <A HREF="mailto:
fw8cfwocomments at fws.gov">
fw8cfwocomments at fws.gov</A>. Include ``RIN 1018-AU86'' in the subject
line.

(2) You may fax your comments to Jim Bartel, Field Supervisor,
Carlsbad Fish and Wildlife Office at 760-431-5901.
(3) You may mail or hand-deliver your written comments and
information to Jim Bartel, Field Supervisor, Carlsbad Fish and Wildlife
Office, 6010 Hidden Valley Road, Carlsbad, CA 92011.
(4) You may submit your comments at the Federal eRulemaking Portal,
<A HREF="http://www.regulations.gov">http://www.regulations.gov</A>.
Follow the instructions for submitting
comments.
Comments and materials received, as well as supporting
documentation used in the preparation of this proposed rule, will be
available for public inspection, by appointment, during normal business
hours at the Carlsbad Fish and Wildlife Office at the above address
(telephone 760-431-9440).

FOR FURTHER INFORMATION CONTACT: Jim Bartel, Field Supervisor, Carlsbad
Fish and Wildlife Office at the address or telephone number listed
under ADDRESSES. Persons who use a telecommunications device for the
deaf (TDD) may call the Federal Information Relay Service (FIRS) at
800-877-8339.

To view the entire FR notice, visit:
http://www.epa.gov/fedrgstr/EPA-SPECIES/2007/March/Day-14/e1100.htm