[PCA] Please post -- Impact of Gly-pro, Rodeo

Growinwild at aol.com Growinwild at aol.com
Wed Sep 29 14:38:03 CDT 2004

Dear Plant Conservation network,
    Please post the message below. Many, many thanks. Karen

In our continuing efforts (which have been highly successful so far) to get
Brookhaven National Laboratory to do the right thing in restoring the Peconic
River using local genotypes (i.e. letting it restore itself for the most part
and monitoring for invasives), we are now faced with another challenge: the
eradication, or at least control, of the invasive Pharagmites.
    BNL is proposing to treat the Phrag colonies using the herbicide Gly-pro
with a "wick" approach application to stems and leaves.
    Does anyone out there have any research or knowledge regarding the impact
of this herbicide, and/or Rodeo, to surrounding biota, the water column,
downstream etc that you could either summarize for me or direct me to.
    Many, many thanks, Karen Blumer

Karen Blumer
Native Plant Consultant
15 Dickerson Drive