[PCA] New native/invasive plant guide for gardeners

David Mizejewski Mizejewski at nwf.org
Wed Sep 29 09:33:11 CDT 2004

Hi Folks - National Wildlife Federation and eNature just launched a new field guide to native and invasive plants for gardeners.  Here's some more info - I hope you check it out.

Fall is a great time to plant trees, shrubs and many perennials.  But have you ever visited the garden center and wondered which plants were native and good for wildlife, and which ones were problematic invasive exotics?

The talented staff at eNature have created an amazing new field guide to native and invasive plants.  Unlike other native/invasive guides, this guide focuses on plants that are commonly found at garden centers or in plant catalogs so it's relevant to the home gardener.

The plant guides are searchable by state and the native list can then be sub-divided according to plant type (for example, evergreen shrubs, wildflowers, vines or aquatic plants).  Each plant has a color photo and a full field guide description as well.

This guide is going to be an invaluable resource to anyone wanting to garden in an environmentally friendly way and is a much needed resource to our Backyard Wildlife Habitat participants.

Check it out http://enature.com/native_invasive/natives.asp.

Backyard Wildlife Habitat Program
David Mizejewski
National Wildlife Federation