[MPWG] Fwd: White List

Conrad Richter conrad at richters.com
Wed Oct 27 10:42:32 CDT 2010

On 10-10-25 03:36 PM, Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov wrote:

> Thanks for providing more information.
>
> I still would like to see the actual proposed language in its entirety
> that provides the specific details that they are inviting comment on.
> Maybe I didn't look closely enough at the links in your original
> message, but I felt like it was just a collection of disjointed
> information without any real explanatory info - ? I can't comprehend
> how the public could be asked for comments without being provided the
> complete and actual proposed language. Maybe I'm just used to the U.S.
> federal requirement to publish in the Federal Register?

As far as I know those documents are it. There may be a Federal Register
publication; but I haven't heard that there is.

The consultation was, I thought originally, confined to the growers who
are participating in either the Canadian or U.S. version of the program.
So I suppose that those growers already understand the context in which
the proposal was made. But then two CFIA officials suggested that the
discussion on this policy ought to be broadened to interested persons
and organizations outside the immediate grower participant circle.

Conrad Richter