[MPWG] Meet my Madhuca friend who has saved millions of lives

Terressentials terressentials at mailworks.org
Sun Nov 22 10:11:28 CST 2009

These are such interesting stories!

I have to say that I have always understood the inherent nature of and
need for biodiversity, but these stories bring the message home to my
heart in such a powerful way that they make me shake my head in sadness.
I am sad because it so obvious that human ignorance is at the root of so
many of our ecological and health problems, and I worry because I'm not
sure that we have enough stewards -- teachers -- to provide education to
the masses to stop the thoughtless attacks on our natural systems,
humans and wildlife.  However, though I may feel sad, I also feel more
empowered to continue with my work of informing others about how their
simple actions impact the world around us.

Thank you Pankaj for sharing your essays and for the work you do in
helping to preserve history, culture, our ecosystem and the valuable
medicinal plant knowledge.

Kind regards,

Diana Kaye