[MPWG] Fw: Med Bot Newsletter-March 06 Issue

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Mon Mar 27 11:00:41 CST 2006

The latest issue of The Herbal Dispatch, the newsletter of the Medicinal
Botanicals Program at Mountain State University, is now available at:
http://www.mountainstate.edu/usda/newsletters/

- - - -

In this issue you will find information about a series of workshops that
the Medicinal Botanicals Program is offering monthly. We started
organizing this workshops in January 06 and they have become quite
popular, with attendance in the last two months of more that 30 people.
Please read the titles programmed for the next several months and plant to
attend.

Other articles in this issue of the newsletter are:

-Appalachian plant profile: Crane’s bill
-The use of complementary and alternative medicines among patients with
locally advanced breast cancer – a descriptive study
-Pleurisy root (Asclepias tuberosa L.)
-Courses in herbal sciences
-Evolutionary aspects of omega-3 fatty acid intake
-Calcium plus vitamin D supplementation and the risk of fractures
-Acupuncture: Theory, efficacy, and practice
-Effect of needle puncture and electro-acupuncture on mucociliary
clearance in anesthetized quails

We welcome article submissions and comments.

Dr. Mario R. Morales, Director
Medicinal Botanicals Program
Mountain State University
P.O. Box 9003