[MPWG] Native Plant Weekend and Open House: May 13-14 (North Carolina)

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Mon Mar 27 09:40:21 CST 2006

 Lunar Beltane on The Creek
Native Plant Weekend and Open House; May 13-14, 2006

The North Carolina Chapter of The American Herbalist Guild and MoonBranch
Botanicals invites you to learn about our region's native plants at our
first annual Lunar Beltane on The Creek; Native Plant Weekend and Open
House. So gather up your hawthorne flowers and frankincense and head to
this little known and perhaps most biodiverse corner of western North
Carolina to celebrate Spring's magic with us.

Beginning at 12 Noon on Saturday, May 13 and ending at 12 Noon on Sunday,
May 14 (Rain or Shine) we'll have ample time to hike, stroll, plant,
observe and learn about this valley's abundant medicinal plants in the
remote mountain community of Yellow Creek. Primitive camping is available
on site or you may choose from one of the area's many US Forest Service
campsites or local inns.

A Sampling of Topics To be Presented:
Cooking with wild and medicinal foods
Sandi Ford and Alan Muskat
Flower essence making with woodland plants
Lupo Connell
Growing Medicinal Plants in the Fields and Forests of the Southern
Appalachians: an introduction to Spirit Centered Agriculture
Robin Alton Suggs
Ceremonial Use of Herbs
Melissa Fryar
Sattva Yoga Workshop
Brooke Sullivan
music and more...bring your instruments if you wish!
--Please bring a dish to share for Saturday evening's Potluck Dinner!”

We are only a few miles away from the Great Smoky Mountains National Park,
Joyce Kilmer Memorial Forest, Kilmer-Slickrock Wilderness, Santeelah and
Fontana Lake so bring your hiking shoes and swimming attire!
For more information, see the attached flyer, below, or call:
Robin Suggs
MoonBranch Botanicals
5294 Yellow Creek Road
Robbinsville, North Carolina 28771
USA

Telephone: 828.479.2788
moonbranch at earthlink.net
www.moonbranch.com

Member:
American Herbalist Guild
Co-op America
Green Products Alliance
National Network of Forest Practitioners
North Carolina Consortium on Natural Medicines
North Carolina Goodness Grows/NCDA&CS
North Carolina Natural Products Association
Southwestern North Carolina RC&D Council
United Plant Savers

It is well for people who think to change their minds occasionally
in order to keep them clean.
For those who do not think, it is best at least to rearrange their
prejudices once in a while.
-Luther Burbank (1849-1926) born on Mar 7