[MPWG] URGENT: New Orleans Free Clinics and Herbalists Need Herbs

Ipakatawo9 at aol.com Ipakatawo9 at aol.com
Fri Feb 10 19:09:32 CST 2006

ubj:    [MPWG] New Orleans Free Clinics and Herbalists Need Herbs
Date:   2/10/06 7:33:25 AM Pacific Standard Time

File:   LightintheDarkness.doc (30208 bytes) DL Time (33600 bps): < 1 minute

Sent from the Internet (Details)

Hello All

I wrote this article to try to share my excitement about the clinics in New
Orleans.  I am sending it to my extended network to try to raise
support(herb donations, practitioner support, and funding) for the
herbalists there.  There is so much potential for this to become a model
that other parts of the country could work with.  Just think that such a
tragic event could foster such a beautiful response!

Please read the article and forward to those you may feel would be
interested in donating.  I just received an updated list of needs from my
friends there.

Niki

You may contact the herbalists there directly at  515-361-9800.
Ask for Sera  or Rachel

Direct email may be sent to:

healthalgiers at yahoo.com
ATTN:  Herbalists

List of needs
Lung Tonics,
respiratory and anti-infectives,
immune enhancing herbs,
adaptogens,
alteratives,
nervines, and
herbs for stress, skin problems,
women's health, and
high blood pressure

Single Plants
Milky Oat Seed,
 Mullein,
Osha,
Lomatium,
Hawthorne,
 Bayberry,
Yerba Santa,
Echinacea,
Goldenseal,
Myrhh,
Nettle,
Red Clover,
Dandelion,
Milk Thistle,
Passion Flower,
White Willow Bark,
Cramp BArk,
Vitex, Dong Quai.
Witch Hazel,
 Raspberry Leaf,
Thuja,
Lemon,
Balm,
Jewelweed,
Acidophilus,
Fish OIls,
Vitamins
Essential  OIls of Rosemary and Lavender
Salves of Goldenseal, Poplar or Cottonwood bud oil,
St John's Wort Oil,
Honey,
Glycerine,
amber bottles,
twist caps,
small baggies,
capsule machine

Please include a packing slip with your name, contact label and all boxes
must be labeled:

"HERBS"
Common Ground Health Clinic
1400 Teche Street Algiers/