[MPWG] Message to the list

pankaj oudhia pankajoudhia at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 6 09:23:19 CST 2005

Thank  you very much for the message.Although I was near to the affected region but I am safe.While observing the TSUNAMI hit areas I have noted many important things.Below I am copying the message I have posted to different forums.

regards
Pankaj Oudhia
http://www.pankajoudhia.com

MESSAGE ORIGINALLY POSTED TO chhattisgarh-net at yahoogroups.com

=======================================
The disaster is very sad news.

As biodiversity researcher I feel that it is a best time to
think
to stop such a great loss in future.It is old saying that the
problem created by nature is having the solution in it.While
seeing the news at different channels I have noted that in many
parts, the waves have not damaged the vegetation specially big
trees.Have you observed the same?The trees are still live after
bearing a pressure of waves at the speed of 500 km per hour or
more.

This observation is having some message.I feel there is a need
visit each and every part of the affected area to study the
contribution of trees and vegetation.This will be great
achievement for the scientific community if we identify specific
tree species or forest type that has played vital role in
minimising the speed.

In future on the basis of present observation we can plant a
thick
buffer zone between human population and sea.

I request you to forward this thought to suitable person or
authorities engaged in preventing such loss in future.

If given a chance ,I am ready to visit the affected areas for
such
studies.

regards
Pankaj Oudhia