[MPWG] Message to the list

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Wed Jan 5 14:34:58 CST 2005

Dear MPWG Listserve Members:

As the magnitude of the devastation from the tsunami that hit the
Asian-African region last week continues to unfold, I have struggled to
find an appropriate way to address the tragedy of the situation with
respect not only to our fellow MPWG members and their families, but also to
those with whom we are not acquainted but to which we are bound by a shared
goal of addressing issues of sustainability and conservation for medicinal
plants.

We all need to find our own path in dealing with this tragedy, but it is my
hope that all of us will take the time to make a difference - whatever that
might be.

Sincerely,
Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276
Working for the conservation and sustainable use of our green natural
resources.
<www.nps.gov/plants/medicinal>