[MPWG] Researchers Blend Folk Treatment, High Tech for Promising Anti ...

pankaj oudhia pankajoudhia at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 00:29:01 CST 2005

In India Artemisia is known as Nagdauna. In Indian literatures the use of Nagdauna for cancerous wound has been reported. In Developing countries we are investing millions on traditional knowledge database but it is sad as well as surprising that no one is coming forward to support the traditional healers and knowledge.The healers are also the part of our society.

In my region the healers use the insect feeding on Nagdauna as medicine for Epilepsy.
Traditional medicinal knowledge about Nysius ericae (Hemiptera : Lygaeiidae) feeding on Nagdauna (Artemisia vulgaris) in Chhattisgarh, India.
http://botanical.com/site/column_poudhia/publish/journal.cgi?folder=journal&next=1049

I am expecting more responses from the group members with their claims and information about traditional medicinal uses of Artemisia for cancer and associated troubles.

regards
Pankaj Oudhia

Jean Giblette <hfg at capital.net> wrote:
What's happening to the process of science here in this country?

This press release is unfortunately all too typical of announcements of