[MPWG] eat the weeds

Bob Beyfuss rlb14 at cornell.edu
Wed Feb 2 15:40:45 CST 2005

I think eating weeds is a good idea, many of them are far more nutritious
than their cultivated counterparts, i.e. dandelion. I will send her lots of
recipes from an Extension bulletin I wrote in 1977.  I am not so sure
publishing recipes for invasive plants is a good idea. The reason we have
some of these plants today is because they were purposely introduced as
food crops for us or cattle, i.e., Kudzu. As recently as last year I saw
garlic mustard seed for sale in a catalogue as an edible green.
Bob