[MPWG] RE: Wild Life Stings

myron wdsofedn at bellsouth.net
Thu Jan 8 23:58:15 CST 2004

The situation in the Appalachians (and in the U.S., in general) is a lot
more complicated than simply encouraging cultivation.

Agreed .
Though, as well, it is also alot more complicated than merely busting the
poor "peasants" and trying to curtail market demand while Perpetuating a
NON-biodegradable Pharmaceutical paradigm that probably does more to species
destruction in the long run :

http://www.cnn.com/2003/TECH/science/11/14/coolsc.frogs.fish/

With coal production and mountaintop removal in the same area yielding their
own results
(by extension):
http://www.ewg.org/reports/BrainFood/plants/KY.html
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/09/science/09SALM.html

Luckily there IS hope:
http://www.nytimes.com/2004/01/09/science/09MEMO.html

Seriously, I am quite pleased by the tack the list has taken even if we do
not all see eye to eyeball.  Here's hoping we may all yet see the forest
through our agenda trees (I'm trying).

myron