[MPWG] Wild Life Sting.

Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov
Fri Jan 9 10:53:33 CST 2004

The situation in the Appalachians (and in the U.S., in general) is a lot
more complicated than simply encouraging cultivation.   I'll keep it brief
by referring you to a website with more information on the Appalachian
issue:
      http://www.srs4702.forprod.vt.edu/unit/biome_protection.htm

Feel free to contact me directly at <Patricia_DeAngelis at fws.gov> if you
would like to be put you in contact with people (ginseng growers,
researchers, law enforcement and industry members) who are directly
involved in and could add perspective to this issue.

Thanks,
Patricia

Patricia S. De Angelis, Ph.D.
Botanist - Division of Scientific Authority
Chair - Plant Conservation Alliance - Medicinal Plant Working Group
US Fish & Wildlife Service
4401 N. Fairfax Dr., Suite 750
Arlington, VA  22203
703-358-1708 x1753
FAX: 703-358-2276

                      Edward Fletcher
                      <Efletcher at skybest.com>               To:      PCA's Medicinal Plant Working Group List
                      Sent by:                              <MPWG at lists.plantconservation.org>
                      MPWG-bounces at lists.plantconse         cc:
                      rvation.org                           Subject: RE: [MPWG] Wild Life Sting.

                      01/09/2004 09:02 AM
                      Please respond to PCA's
                      Medicinal Plant Working Group
                      List

It's always good to hear the extremist point of view and now I think we
have!