[MPWG] Re: MPWG Digest, Vol 2, Issue 10

Herbworks1 Herbworks1 at xtra.co.nz
Fri Oct 24 17:18:04 CDT 2003

Science never has .... and never will... improve on nature. The reason is
... that is not mankinds function in the general scheme of things.  However
I concede that some segements of society seem to think that they have divine
dispensation, but I have yet to see the contract. Anyone who uses medicinal
herbs understands very clearly that cultivated varieties are inferior. There
are many known reasons for this.

The wild herb tends to grow in drifts, in symbiotic communities,  in
recognised soil types and geo-climatic factors. It is simply not feasible to
produce those conditions under a cultivation regime which is manipulated
with chemicals.

With reference to your remarks on Cannabis .... I presume you have been
smoking the diploid varieties. If so, then you are likely to do yourself a
lot of damage, because they are not natural. Genetic manipulation by the use
of colchicum is dangerous for your health. Perhaps the University may like
to graft a hop vine onto a cannabis sativa root ... and smoke the hop
flowers .... the results are most interesting, or should I say different,
but definitely not natural.

The remarks about natural practitioners, also being responsible for the
decline in the natural species, produced an image in the mind ... of hordes
of irresponsible people driving thousands of miles and climbing the
Himalayas to strip the natural resources.

This is simply not so .... a recent scientific debacle ....the Kava kava
nonsense ... To ingest the amount of kava lactones found in the scientific
recommended weekly dose .... one would would need to eat around 1.5kg of the
fresh root. That amount is sufficient to kill an average sized adult in
short order.

Assume that we have 10,000 people taking the scientific recommended dose. In
one week we have accounted for15,000 tonnes of kava or 780,000 metric tonnes
in one year. That is the real reason for the decline in natural species.

The reason why this is happening is because of some fatally flawed
assumptions on the part of medical science and the pharmaceutical junta.
e.g. 'Active principle'  for more information on why that assumption is
flawed go here
http://www.herbdatanz.com/synergy_and_posology_of_herbal_preparations.htm

Ivor Hughes
Herbdata New Zealand Ltd