AW: [MPWG] Can You Help?

Honnef at wwf.de Honnef at wwf.de
Mon Nov 17 00:29:55 CST 2003

Dear Robyn,
the article on Sylphion you mentioned was published in HerbalGram 48 (2000). Sylphion is a good example for a plant that became extinct due to increasing use/trade and press people like the ancient flair of this story. However, it always has the touch of being a legend. I would be very much interested in other examples for plants that became more than scarce by using them for medicinal or nutritional purposes.
Best regards
Susanne

-------------------------------------
Susanne Honnef

Species Conservation Section, WWF Germany
TRAFFIC-Europe Germany

Umweltstiftung WWF Deutschland
Rebstoecker Str. 55
D 60326 Frankfurt, Germany