[APWG] Quoting messages when replying to the list

Olivia Kwong plant at plantconservation.org
Mon Mar 5 21:15:25 CST 2012

Thanks for the concern, but I am fine with hosting the lists, Wayne.

The reason for not quoting every single message is that it is part of good
internet/list etiquette, also known as netiquette.  Having good netiquette
keeps the lists friendly to not only those actively posting, but those
actively reading.  Some list subscribers have opted for digest
subscriptions, which means several posts are compiled into one long email
and having fewer quoted messages makes the digest far easier to browse.

My aim is to have a place for people to have discussions about native
plant conservation topics.  This includes making the lists friendly to
audiences (again, I include both those that post and those that just read
the posts), so that people find the lists useful & easy enough to remain
subscribed.

Olivia
CPC/PCA
http://www.nps.gov/plants/