[APWG] Fall 2010 Great Basin native grass meeting, SLC?

Craig Dremann - Redwood City Seed Company Craig at astreet.com
Wed Aug 4 12:01:15 CDT 2010

Dear All,

Off list, we have been having some discussions about converting weedy
areas in the Great Basin that are infested with exotic grasses, back to
local native perennial grass species, like what I show at
http://www.ecoseeds.com/greatbasin.html

Also, the use of local native grass seed after fires, and instead of
sowing exotic grasses, like the half million pounds per year (453,600 lbs.
in 2002) sown annually on the Great Basin BLM lands and along Federal
highway roadsides, like Crested wheatgrass, etc. that you can see at
http://www.ecoseeds.com/juicy.gossip.six.html?

Perhaps this year, we could start discussing the sowing by the Federal
government of the 1/2 million pounds of persistent exotic species in the
Great Basin, and converting that spreading of exotics, to the use of local
native seeds, and perhaps establish an annual conference at a Great Basin
city with a major airport, like SLC?

Sincerely,  Craig Dremann (650) 325-7333