[APWG] Stories needed about "Mishaps with use of weed infested sand and gravel"

Bobbi_Simpson at nps.gov Bobbi_Simpson at nps.gov
Wed Apr 28 15:05:07 CDT 2010

Hello all,

I have received a request from Yosemite National Park's Invasive Plant
Program Manager, Martin Hutten for case examples of "mineral material
mishaps". If you have first-hand knowledge or experience with this - if you
could describe the situation(s) where you have witnessed the use of weed
contaminated minerals that have resulted in an invasion of weeds.

Pictures of "before and after" are helpful but not critical - however your
name, contact, and as many details on the subject site would be great.
Martin has been working diligently on this for about 6 months and is
working with Cal-IPC to spur on a movement within California to begin
certifying mineral vendors.    This information will help support the
effort, and as it gains momentum, can hopefully provide a good example for
others to do the same.

If you could reply to Martin_Hutten at NPS.gov that would be terrific.

Feel free to call me if you have questions.  Thanks much!

Bobbi

Bobbi Simpson
Program Coordinator
California Exotic Plant Management Team