[APWG] Why remove invasives

Philip Thomas (www.HEAR.org) pt at hear.org
Thu Oct 9 15:59:29 CDT 2008

My take is that site-based management of weeds generally *is* futile
unless there is a long-term (i.e., PERMANENT) plan that is actually
implemented for perpetual care of the area.  If the area you're
protecting is small enough and you have an onoing dedicated labor force,
maybe you could paint a rosy picture.  Start small; make sure folks can
see success (e.g., from previous groups' work, and at the end of their
own day).

Aloha,
pt at hear.org

--