[APWG] Fw: [NIWAWlist] Natural Resource Protection Cooperative Agreement Act passes House 390-10

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Tue Mar 20 08:59:27 CDT 2007

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 03/20/2007 09:59 AM -----

                      "Lee Van Wychen"
                      <Lee.vanwychen at weedscien        To:       "NIWAW" <niwawlist at tctwest.net>, "FICMNEW" <ficmnew at mail.afpmb.org>
                      ceorgs.com>                     cc:       "'Jill Schroeder'" <jischroe at nmsu.edu>, "Jeffrey Derr" <jderr at vt.edu>, (bcc:
                      Sent by:                         Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS)
                      niwawlist-admin at tctwest.        Subject:  [NIWAWlist] Natural Resource Protection Cooperative Agreement Act passes
                      net                              House 390-10

                      03/19/2007 08:44 PM AST

H.R. 658, the Natural Resource Protection Cooperative Agreement Act passed
the House by a 390-10 vote tonight.

It was strange to actually see a roll call vote on “suspension of the
rules” bill, but Rep Grijalva (D-AZ), the chair of the House Natural
Resources Subcommittee on National Parks, Forests and Public Lands
insisted.
It’s not very often that we see recorded votes on these issues so I have
included the link to the roll call vote:

http://clerk.house.gov/evs/2007/roll158.xml

The 10 “Nays” were all Republicans.

Bartlett (MD)
Campbell (CA)
Cantor (VA)
Deal (GA)
Franks (AZ)
Gingrey (GA)
Kingston (GA)
Paul (TX)
Sali (ID)
Westmoreland (GA)

I’m not sure what the issue was among the GA contigent.

Lee