[APWG] Fw: Invasives (fwd)

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Fri Mar 16 11:46:41 CDT 2007

Hi,

Lorraine Brooks leever at u.washington.edu and Sarah Reichard
reichard at u.washington.edu are trying to get more information on the
invasibility and occurrence of the following plants.

 Centaurea cyanus
 Scabiosa atropurpurea
 Digitalis purpurea
 Lathyrus latifolius
 Oenothera glazioviana (lamarckiana)

Please respond to them directly by email. Feel free to forward this message
to others who may be able to contribute some information.

Thank you,

Jil

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 03/16/2007 12:38 PM -----

                      Lorraine Leever
                      Brooks                   To:       Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
                      <leever at u.washing        cc:       reichard at u.washington.edu
                      ton.edu                  Subject:  RE: Invasives (fwd)

                      03/16/2007 08:29
                      AM MST

Hi Jil,

Sarah sent this on to me. It would be great if you could forward this
message to APWG and other list-serves.

Thanks in advance,

Lorraine Brooks
Graduate Student
University of Washington
College of Forest Resources
Box 354115
Seattle, WA 98195-4115

 Hi Jil,

 I have a student who is working on invasive plants in wildflower seed
 mixes. This is an MS project that grew out of a senior thesis she did with
 me a few years ago.

 Once we have determined what species are in the mix she is determining if
 the species is considered invasive by credible sources. She has found some
 on WeedsUS. We would like to verify that they are on NPS land or at least
 that they are considered to actually be out there and potentially causing
 problems.

 The species in question are:

 Centaurea cyanus
 Scabiosa atropurpurea
 Digitalis purpurea
 Lathyrus latifolius
 Oenothera glazioviana (lamarckiana)

 I have some opinions and observations about 3 of those species, but we are
 hoping for something more documented than my opinions.

 Thanks for your input.

 Best wishes,

 Sarah Reichard