[APWG] Is "Rosa rugosa" a potentially invasive plant in NH?

Richard Old rold at pullman.com
Tue Dec 11 12:55:16 CST 2007

Grace:
According to the Synthesis of the North American Flora, Rosa rugosa is
escaped from cultivation and established in 93 counties of 21 states. The
distribution is concentrated in the northeastern US including every state in
New England and is already reported for Stratford, Rockingham and Coos
counties in New Hampshire.  This same distribution can be found in the new
second edition of Flora of the Northeast (2007 University of Massachusetts
Press).
Regards,
Richard

Richard R. Old, Ph.D.