[APWG] Fw: my "gallery of pests" posted on TNC website

Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov Jil_Swearingen at nps.gov
Tue Sep 7 10:07:40 CDT 2004

Hi,
Please see Faith's message below.
Thank you,
Jil

----- Forwarded by Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS on 09/07/2004 11:06 AM -----

                      Phytodoer at aol.com
                                               To:       Necis at lists.nationalwildlife.org, nwinvasivespecies at onenw.org
                      09/07/2004 09:34         cc:       (bcc: Jil Swearingen/NCR/NPS)
                      AM EDT                   Subject:  my "gallery of pests" posted on TNC website

Dear forest pest mavens,

a new, improved "gallery of (introduced forest) pests" has now been posted
on TNC's web site.  It can be viewed by going to

http://tncweeds.ucdavis.edu/products/gallery/gallery.html

I continue to update the individual descriptions.

There is also a feature by which pests are listed by regions -- with
directions or links to the write-up.

In the meantime, TNC's mapping geniuses are preparing maps showing overlaps
between areas at risk to ALB, EAB, SOD, etc. and high-priority TNC
conservation areas (called "portfolio sites").  A few of these maps have
also been posted; they are at
http://gis.tnc.org/data/MapbookWebsite/listmaps.php
the "author" is Natalie Law -- use her name to search the list.

Only a few maps are currently posted, but as the staff overcomes some
technical difficulties caused by the enormous size of the files, more will
be.

I hope you find these resources useful.

Faith T. Campbell, Ph.D.
Senior Policy Representative