[SOS-PCA] SOS Collectors Call September 3rd

Prescott, Leah lprescott at blm.gov
Wed Aug 28 07:55:03 CDT 2019

Hi all,

Friendly reminder that the next SOS Collectors call is Tuesday, September
3rd, this is the day after Labor Day so please do not forget. These monthly
calls are required for all seed collecting teams. Let me know if you need
the call in information.

>From Bend - PLEASE send clearance forms to Leah at the National Office as
soon as you determine you will be requesting seed back. The sooner Bend is
aware, the faster the seed can be cleaned. *PLEASE be clear when shipping
NON SOS lots to Bend, label these collections as "NON SOS"* not
"operational collection". Bend has a separate NON SOS form you can use.

Thank you to everyone who has sent in a sample data sheet for review. Data
sheets and data entry is looking really good this year, great job everyone!

Draft Agenda:

Roll call
Data Entry
Clearance Forms/Requesting Seed Back
Round Robin/Updates - please come prepared with how your season is going,
number of collections made so far, number shipped to Bend, and number you
plan to ship soon.

If you do not have a 2019 portal log in please contact me.

Just as a reminder, the calls take place at:

8 AM Alaska
9 AM Pacific
10 AM Mountain
11 AM Central
Noon Eastern

Please contact me if you need the call in number.

Below are points from our August call:

·         We’ve got about 200 records entered through the data portal and
the data is looking great! The most incomplete fields are geology,
ecoregion and land owner so please remember to fill those in. Some
collections are missing GPS coordinates, this data is critical, please no
negative signs and always click the map button to verify location.

·         For landowner, you can use an acronym for major government
agencies like BLM/USFS/USFWS but please spell out any other landowners.

·         Once all of your data is in the portal, please export and look
over it to be sure everything is complete.

·         Do not forget to take pictures of each other out in the field,
especially if you work with any volunteer groups.

Thanks everyone!
Leah

--
Leah Prescott
Seeds of Success

Seeds of Success
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/native-plant-and-seed-material-development/collection>
National Seed Strategy for Rehabilitation and Restoration
<https://www.blm.gov/programs/natural-resources/native-plant-communities/national-seed-strategy>
Plant Conservation Alliance <http://www.plantconservationalliance.org/>