[SOS-PCA] Register Now for 2014 PA Botany Symposium to take advantage of early bird discount

Firestone, Chris K cfirestone at pa.gov
Mon Sep 29 14:27:48 CDT 2014

Early Bird rates for all Symposium Events

View this email in your browser<*|ARCHIVE|*>

2014 Pennsylvania Botany Symposium

November 7-8
Penn Stater Conference Center Hotel
State College, Pennsylvania

________________________________

REGISTER NOW to take advantage of Early Bird Rates which increase after October 10, 2014.

This year's symposium promises to be a unique opportunity for anyone interested in, and working with, the botany of Pennsylvania and the region.
We have a full day of speakers planned this year that have been carefully selected to share their expertise on a variety of botanical topics including taxonomy, conservation, ecology, biology, history and floristics. The symposium will take place on Saturday, November 8th and to complement the symposium, we are offering three half-day workshops on plant identification that will take place on Friday afternoon, November 7th preceding the symposium. Join us Friday evening for socializing, networking and reuniting with fellow plant enthusiasts and enjoy a fun, educational, and engaging presentation on the future of botany and botanical education.

Registration, lodging information, directions and more specific information on the schedule of events, can be found on our website at www.<http://www.pabotany.org>pabotany.org/2014-pa-botany-symposium/<http://pabotany.org/2014-pa-botany-symposium/>.

Regards,
The Pennsylvania Botany Symposium Committee

Book a Penn Stater Hotel room now<https://www.myfidelio.net/webui/AvailabilitySearch.aspx?chain=IQ&property=USPSH&allotmentcode=BOTK14A&arrival=06-NOV-2014&nights=03>. A limited number of rooms is available at our discounted group rate

We are grateful to the sponsors who have provided financial support for the 2014 symposium to date as they have allowed us to keep registration costs very reasonable.  In particular, we would like to thank:

Skelly and Loy, Inc.
Powdermill Nature Reserve
Cleveland Museum of Natural History
Pennsylvania Native Plant Society
Pennsylvania Landscape and Nurseryman's Association
Botanical Society of Western Pennsylvania
GAI Consultants, Inc.

Copyright (c) 2014 PA Botany, All rights reserved.
If you have received this message more than once, please accept our apologies.

Chris Firestone | Wild Plant Program Manager
PA Department of Conservation and Natural Resources
Bureau of Forestry
Tioga State Forest
One Nessmuk Lane | Wellsboro, PA  16901
Phone: 570-724-8149 | Fax: 570-724-6575