[SOS-PCA] SOS Call: POSTPONED to Oct 11

Haidet, Margaret MAHaidet at blm.gov
Thu Sep 29 15:08:30 CDT 2011

The regularly scheduled SOS conference call for October will be POSTPONED until Tuesday, October 11.

I will send out an agenda later next week.

Please note: The National Smithsonian Herbarium is doing some housecleaning, and like all museums they want to be able to track the chain of ownership for the materials they hold.  Seeds of Success has been shipping herbarium vouchers to the SI for years, but only recently did we begin to emphasize that a 'notice of transmittal' accompany the voucher specimen.

Check out the SOS website for a template of the letter SI is looking for.  It contains all the appropriate language to transfer or gift the materials.

http://www.nps.gov/plants/sos/training/index.htm